1 Day Trip To Azrou From Fes
After breakfast at 08:00, we start our 1 Day trip to Azrou from Fes, driving to Azrou: The market town of Azrou is located at a strategic crossroads of the N13 and N8 roads towards the northern end of the Middle Atlas. The N13 road connects Azrou to Meknes in the northwest and Midelt in the southeast. The National Route N8 comes from Fes in the northeast and continues to Khenifra and then Marrakech in the southwest. Azrou is at an altitude of 1250 m and surrounded by mountains covered with evergreen holm oak and cedar. The Cèdre Gouraud Forest is located to the southeast, where one of the sub-populations of the Barbary macaque, Macaca Sylvanus (called magots) is found. In addition to its rich biodiversity symbolized by the famous cedar forest, there are the butterflies that are unique in the world. The surroundings of Azrou are a center of attraction for the residents, hikers, and picnickers of the large neighboring towns. These surroundings are also home to the ‘Cedre Gouraud’ or ‘Grand Cedar’, a famous tourist attraction. This place is also famous due to the macaque apes that live in the area and are drawn by tourist activity. Moreover, the Azrou forest provides excellent hiking and exercising environment and also holds several summer camps for children. Azrou urban construction is in the European style (red tile roofs).
The region is also known for its cherry trees, apple trees, fish farms, and the abandoned sanatorium in the surrounding metropolitan area of Ben Smim. In the afternoon we drive back to Fes, where our 1 Day trip to Azrou from Fes ends.
Included in the excursion from Fes to Azrou:
- Private excursion from Fes to Azrou in a comfortable car with air conditioning.
- You can stop whenever you want.
- Pick up at the hotel, Riad, airport or wherever you want.
- Experience driver English speaking.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
Not Included in the excursion from Fes to Azrou:
- Noon meal. (Possibility of picnic or restaurants).
- Drinks at the meal.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Entry fees to Monuments / Museums / Kasbahs
- Anything not mentioned in the program
Note: “Morocco Culture Tours“ organize day trips from Fes with local guides to explore the best Morocco destinations near Fes city. All our day excursions from Fes are private, day trips from Fes are available every day and guided with experienced and local guides, drivers.
Departure TimePlease arrive by 07:45 AM for a prompt departure at 08:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Code DressCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hat and sun glaces.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Fes.
- Departure time : 08am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 10 Hours (approx).
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.