1 Day Trip To Ouarzazate Ait Ben Haddou From Marrakech
Your driver will pick you up at 8am and you across the chain of the High Atlas mountains and over the famous Tizi-n-Tichka pass, one of the most dramatic passes in Morocco (The government started a project to renovate a big part of the road after a tragic bus accident in 2012 and the work is still ongoing due to the harsh winter climate and geography). All along the road you can see Berber villages scattered along the side of the mountains, sometimes hard to distinguish from the mountainous entourage. After you will arrive to Ait Ben Haddou. Once in the village, you will get a closer look at the Kasbah architecture with turrets on all the buildings, adorned with grilled windows and soft peach coloured walls.
These traditional houses are made of adobe, highly suitable for the climate conditions of the south and the summers of the mountains because it is an efficient temperature isolator and the building materials are abundant and require no transportation or significant transformation process.The afternoon is spent exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou, This is the most famous of all Moroccan kasbahs, largely due to its appearance in many Hollywood blockbusters. It was one of the most important fortress strongholds on the old Salt Road caravan routes, where traders brought slaves, gold, ivory and salt from sub-Saharan Africa to Marrakech and beyond. Before leaving Ait Benhaddou, you will take on last glimpse of the village from a distant point offering a wonderful panoramic view especially under clear blue skies.
- Private tour, there will be no more people in the group.
- You can stop whenever you want.
- Pick up at hotel,Riad, airport or wherever you want.
- Transport by normal car, 4×4 or minibus,
depending on the number of people you are.
- English-speaking driver.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
Not Included :
- Meals and drinks.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Entry fees to Monuments / Museums / Kasbahs
- Anything not mentioned in the program
Departure TimePlease arrive by 07:45 AM for a prompt departure at 08:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:00 PM.
Code DressCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and sun glaces.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Marrakech.
- Departure time : 08am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 11 hours (approx.).
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.