Day 01 : Tangier – Chefchaouen
We will meet you at the port or in your hotel and we travel to a small blue town called Chefchaouen ” the blue Jewellery “. Its buildings and houses are all painted in blue and white and it is one of the most beautiful towns in the Rif mountains. You will have free time to explore it by yourself. We spend this night at the hotel.
Day 02 : Free day in Chefchaouen
Free day in Chefchaouen to discover the rest of the places. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 03 : Chefchaouen – Volubilis – Meknes – Fes
After the breakfast in your hotel, our journey will start towards Volubilis crossing Ouazan and other Rif villages, in Volubilis we will stop to discover the roman ruins and learn about the archeological site of Moroccan history, after the visit of the ruins we will shift our way to Meknes city the 17th century heritage where we will stop for lunch and hang around the historical huge walls of the medina, Bab El Mansour. Overnight stay in the riad.
Day 04 : Exploring Fes
After breakfast, you will start exploring the oldest city in Morocco, walking in its alleys and small streets. Our visit starts by visiting the Royal Palace gate, the Jewish quarter, the first Mellah ever built in Morocco, built during the 14th century. We will ensure that you visit all sites with cultural and historical interest including the famous Al Karaouine University, considered the oldest one in the world, the Tanneries, and Moulay Idriss mausoleum. After lunch in a traditional Moroccan restaurant, you will visit the tiles cooperative and then experience a wonderful panoramic view over the whole Medina of Fes. Overnight in the riad.
Day 05 : Fes – Ifrane – Azrou – Midelt – Merzouga
After the breakfast, you will travel through the middle Atlas via Ifrane “Moroccan Switzerland” and Azrou. You will have a stop at the cedar forest for a visit to Cedre Gouraud Tree where you will see Barbary apes. From here we drive further south passing by several towns and you will get the opportunity to view nomads living in tents alongside the way. You will also see the volcanic rocks. Our next stop is in Midelt where you will enjoy your lunch. Later on, continuing our drive by crossing the Tizi N’Talghomt Pass (1907 m) while enjoying the panoramic views. You will also cross Ziz Gorge and the tunnel. Near Errachidia, you will see the Barrage Hassan Al-Dakhil which has turquoise blue water. Continue our drive to Erfoud, you will have a stop for a panoramic view of Aoufous palm trees along Ziz River. Your journey continues to Merzouga via Erfoud through the oasis of Tafilalet, the largest date palm grove in Morocco. Get to Merzouga in the afternoon and check in to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 06 : Merzouga area and the Camel Trek
After breakfast in the hotel, you will start an explorative journey of the area; you will visit the nomads in their goat-hair tent and learn about the desert life, afterward you visit the Gnaoua people, originally slaves brought from Sudan, here you will have the opportunity to listen to their music and learn about their culture and lifestyle. Depending on what time of year you visit, you may have a visit to the lake of Merzouga and its bird population such as the “Flamingos”. On the afternoon, we will drive you to the desert camp, to explore within the mysterious sand-sea of the Erg-Chebbi. You will enjoy the beauty of the Sahara desert and the sunset over the golden dunes. After the sunset, you will enjoy your dinner in front of the camp where you will spend your first night under, or if you prefer, under the stars. Our camp is equipped with western bathrooms.
Day 07 : Merzouga – Rissani – Erfoud – Tinghir – Todra Gorges – Dades Gorges
Wake up early morning to enjoy the sunrise on the top of the dunes in the Sahara desert, then have your breakfast. After these beautiful moments, you will ride your camel back to the hotel where you can shower. We depart towards Tinghir passing by Erfoud and Tinejdad. Have a break for lunch. In the afternoon, we will continue to Todra gorges via Tinghir. Stopping along the way for photos and admiring the views. Arrival to Todra Gorges to enjoy its marvelous Canyons views while hiking on foot, and finally, arrive in the Dades Valley where we will have dinner and spend the night.
Day 08 : Dades Gorges - Ouarzazate- Ait Ben Haddou - High Atlas Mountains - Marrakech
After breakfast, we’ll drive through the Dades Valley towards Kaleet Mgouna and Ouarzazate. The route through the Dades Valley, the way of the thousand Kasbahs, provides numerous photo opportunities. We’ll visit the Roses valley and Skoura village, then continue to Ouarzazat, “the Hollywood of Africa”. Lunch is at the famous Ait Ben Haddou kasbah, the largest Kasbah in Morocco. After touring this UNESCO World Heritage site, our journey will continue through the majestic Tizi n'Tichka pass, reaching an altitude of 2260m, over the High Atlas Mountains. We will stop to enjoy the impressive views and visit the argan oil cooperative. We will arrive in Marrakech late afternoon. Overnight stay in the riad.
Day 09 : Exploring Marrakech
After breakfast begins to discover the red city of Morocco “Marrakech”. With the most visited and superb sites of cultural and historical interest, you’ll see the Saadian tombs, the Majorelle Gardens, the Koutoubia Tower, the Bahia Palace. Then near the famous square of Marrakech take your delicious traditional lunch and stroll in the local souks to see hundreds of handicrafts. In the afternoon, take your complete free time to wander in the city by yourself through its other parts. Overnight stay in the riad.
Day 10 : Marrakech - Airport
After breakfast, we drive to Marrakech airport, where the tour ends.
- Private tour & Transportation with A/C and seat-belt.
- Pick you up from Tangier Port/Airport & drop off at Marrakech airport.
- A local guide to explore Fes & Marrakech.
- Berber tent accommodation in the desert with enough blankets. No need to bring your sleeping bag.
- Experienced driver/guide English speaking.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
- It is possible to take a backpack with you on the camel.
- Camel warden.
- Camel ride
- If you are not interested to ride the camels for 1 hour. It is possible to ride the camel for a short time and take the 4x4 to the camp.
Not Included :
- Noon meal. (Possibility of picnic or restaurants).
- Drinks at the meals.
- Dinners during the trip.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Entry fees to Monuments / Museums / Kasbahs
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Note that due to the long distances, approximately 8 hours will be spent driving each day.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Tangier port.
- Departure time : 08am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 10 days
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.