Day 01 : Ouarzazate - Skoura Oasis - Roses Valley - Dades Valley - Todra Gorges - Erfoud - Merzouga
We will start around 08:00 from Ouarzazate to Merzouga Desert, crossing the Skoura Oasis and Roses Valley, which is renowned for the Festival of Roses. We also pass through the little Berber villages of Skoura and 'El Kelaa des M'Gouna' and 'Boumalne Dades'. We head to Merzouga in one of the largest wind blown dunes in Morocco, Erg Chebbi. Through the Berber village Tinghir we visit Todra Gorge where the cliffs are as high as 600m and only 10m apart. We leave Todra passing through many Berber villages to pass through Tinjdad where we can stop for lunch or if you preferrable continue to Rissani where you could have the local specialty, Berber Pizza for lunch if we get there by Midday. After lunch, we make our way to Merzouga to meet the camels joining us on our trek. The camels take us to a Berber camp in the middle of an oasis amidst the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. 20 km long and 5 km wide it is also reputed as the highest sand dunes in North Africa. It is a unique and diverse environment. The camel trek takes about 1hr 30 min from the hotel to the camp where we continue the spirit of the nomadic Berber lifestyle. There we set up in Berber tents with additional restaurant and kitchen with the dunes naturally providing basic facilities. The tents are well equipped and we provide mattresses, blankets, and cushions. After dinner, we gather around the fire and enjoy the desert night perhaps with traditional Berber drums.
Day 02 : Merzouga – Khamlia – Nomad visit – Merzouga
Your camel man will wake you up early in the morning to watch what well may be the best sunrise of your life. Afterward, you will trek back to the village of Merzouga, en route you couldn’t fail to appreciate the unique beauty of the spectacular Erg Chebbi dunes - changing with the light as the day progresses. Arriving late morning back in Merzouga. After breakfast in the hotel. You’ll visit the Gnawa people, originally slaves brought from Sudan, to experience their music and lifestyle. Not far away there’s the lake of Merzouga, with its bird populations. You may also visit the nomad wire house where many Berber handicrafts are priced lower than in the big cities. Free afternoon and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 03 : Merzouga - Alnif - Tazarine - Draa Valley - Agdz - Ouarzazate
After the breakfast in the hotel, we leave for the Draa valley, the longest river in Morocco full of small villages and hidden kasbahs. Stops to admire the fabulous landscape and original geological forms. We will cross the Anti Atlas to arrive to Ouarzazate in the afternoon. Where the tour ends.
- Private tour & Transportation with A/C and seat-belt.
- Pick you up & drop off at your accommodation in Ouarzazate.
- Berber tent accommodation in the desert with enough blankets. No need to bring your sleeping bag.
- Experienced driver/guide English speaking.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
- Dinners and breakfasts (Vegetarians are welcome).
- A room where you will leave your luggage while you ride the camel to the camp.
- It is possible to take a backpack with you on the camel.
- Sand boards ( available in the camp without charge).
- Camel warden.
- Camel ride If you are not interested to ride the camels for 1 hour. It is possible to ride the camel for a short time and take the 4x4 to the camp.
Not Included :
- Noon meal. (Possibility of picnic or restaurants).
- Drinks at the meals.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Entry fees
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Ouarzazate.
- Departure time : 08am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 3 days
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.