Day 01 : Marrakech – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – The valley of Roses – Dades Gorges
We pick you up from your Riad/Hotel at 08:00 am, and leave Marrakech to begin our tour in the Dades Valley. We pass through Tizi-n-Tichka in the high Atlas Mountains where we pause to appreciate the mountain views. We visit the Ait Ben Haddou village which is recognized by UNESCO as a world patrimony. It is famous as a backdrop for many films, including 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'Gladiator' and 'Alexander'. We take lunch here before continuing on our way enjoying the natural beauty of the landscapes and historical monuments such as Taourirt Kasbah in Ouarzazate and Roses Valley, which is renowned for the Festival of Roses. We also pass through the little Berber villages of Skoura and 'El Kelaa des MGouna' and 'Boumalne Dades'. The latter is our final stop for the day. We shall stay overnight in a hotel which includes dinner and breakfast.
Day 02 : Dades Gorges – Todra Gorges – Erfoud – Merzouga (Camel ride & Night in the Desert)
From Boumalne Dades we head to Merzouga in one of the largest wind blown dunes in Morocco, Erg Chebbi. Through the Berber village Tinghir we visit Todra Gorge where the cliffs are as high as 600m and only 10m apart. We leave Todra passing through many Berber villages to pass through Tinjdad where we can stop for lunch or if you preferrable continue to Rissani where you could have the local speciality, Berber Pizza for lunch if we get there by Midday. After lunch we make our way to Merzouga to meet the camels joining us on our trek. The camels take us to a Berber camp in the middle of an oasis amidst the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. 20 km long and 5 km wide it is also reputed as the highest sand dunes in North Africa. It is a unique and diverse environment. The camel trek takes about 1hr 30 min from the hotel to the camp where we continue the spirit of the nomadic Berber lifestyle. There we setup 3 Berber tents with additional restaurant and kitchen with the dunes naturally providing basic facilities. The tents are well equipped and we provide mattresses, blankets, and cushions. After dinner we gather round the fire and enjoy the desert night perhaps with traditional Berber drums.
Day 03 : Merzouga – Khamlia – Nomad visit – Merzouga
We will rise early to see the spectacle of the sunrise over the dunes of the Sahara before making our way back to the hotel for breakfast and a shower. We will will make a circuit of the desert dunes where you will have the opportunity to see the amazing changing contrasts of the desert. We will visit the ‘black village’ of Khamlia to see the Gnawa musicians before having a traditional Berber pizza for lunch in the ancient capital of Rissani. After lunch you can visit the traditional markets and/or drink coffee at one of the many cafes while watching the day to day life of the city. Dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 04 : Merzouga – Erfoud – Midelt – Azrou – Ifrane – Fes
After the breakfast, we leave Merzouga on route to Fez, passing through many places: Erfoud, Errachidia, Ziz Valley, Medilt, Cedar Forests of Azrou, Ifrane and Fez. On a good day you might be able to catch a glimpse of the monkeys that live in the forests. We will stop for lunch along the way in one of the many restaurants. Our guide will make sure you reach your chosen Riad or Hotel. Here we will leave at your Riad or Hotel at the end of the 4 days tour. We hope that you have enjoyed your taste of Morocco and all it has to offer and wish you well on your onward journey.
- Private tour & Transportation with A/C and seat-belt.
- Pick you up from your accommodation in Marrakech & drop off at your accommodation in Fes.
- Berber tent accommodation in desert with enough blankets. No need to bring your sleeping bag.
- Experienced driver/guide English speaking.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
- Dinners and breakfasts (Vegetarians are welcome).
- A room where you will leave your luggage while you ride the camel to the camp.
- It is possible to take a backpack with you on the camel.
- Sand boards ( available in the camp without charge).
- Camel warden.
- Camel ride
- If you are not interested to ride the camels for 1 hour. It is possible to ride the camel for short time and take the 4x4 to the camp.
Not Included :
- Noon meal. (Possibility of picnic or restaurants).
- Drinks at meal.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Entry fees to Monuments / Museums / Kasbahs
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Note that due to the long distances, approximately 8 hours will be spent driving each day.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Marrakech.
- Departure time : 08am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 4 days
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.