Day 01 : Tangier – Chefchaouen
We will meet you in the port or your hotel and we travel to a small blue town called Chefchaouen ” the blue Jewellery “. Its buildings and houses are all painted in blue and white and it is one of the most beautiful towns in the Rif mountains. You will have free time to explore it by yourself. We spend this night at the hotel.
Day 02 : Chefchouen – Volubilis – Meknes – Fes
After breakfast, the tour continues towards the worth visiting Roman archaeological site of Volubilis. Then we head to Meknes to visit the former Imperial city and its most interesting monuments. In the late afternoon, you will reach Fes for checking in a local riad for the overnight stay.
Day 03 : Fes – Ifrane – Azrou – Midelt – Ziz Valley – Merzouga
We will pick you up from your riad at 08:00 am, then drive south to Ifrane and Azrou through the Middle Atlas mountains. On the way, we will stop at the cedar forests to see the Barbarian Apes in their natural habitat. Traveling through the Tizi Ntalghamt pass to Midelt and along the magnificent Ziz Gorges carved through volcanic rock, you’ll see views of the Middle-Atlas plateau and the scenery changing to reveal hints of the desert as you approach the city of Errachidia. After lunch, we’ll continue our journey through the Ziz Valley to Erfoud and Merzouga. After a glass of mint tea, we’ll leave our luggage in a safe room, then take a camel ride to a Berber camp in the middle of the Erg Chebbi sand dunes, which are the highest sand dunes in North Africa. The camel trek takes about 1hr 30 min from to the camp, where we will set up in the Berbers tents for our night in the desert. The tents are well equipped with mattresses, blankets, and cushions. After dinner, we will gather around the fire and enjoy the sound of traditional Berber drums under the stars.
Day 04 : Merzouga – Rissani – Touroug – Todra Gorges – Dades Gorges
Wake up early morning to enjoy the sunrise on the top of the dunes in the Sahara desert, then have your breakfast. After these beautiful moments, you will ride your camel back to the hotel where you can shower. We depart towards Tinghir passing by Erfoud and Tinejdad. Have a break for lunch. In the afternoon, we will continue to Todra gorges via Tinghir. Stopping along the way for photos and admiring the views. Arrival to Todra Gorges to enjoy its marvelous Canyons views while hiking on foot, and finally, arrive in the Dades Valley where we will have dinner and spend the night.
Day 05 : Dades Gorges – Ouarzazate – Ait Ben Haddou – High Atlas – Marrakech
After breakfast, we’ll drive through the Dades Valley towards Kelaat Mgouna and Ouarzazate. The route through the Dades Valley, the way of the thousand Kasbahs, provides numerous photo opportunities. We’ll visit the Roses valley and Skoura village, then continue to Ouarzazat, “the Hollywood of Africa”. Lunch is at the famous Ait Ben Haddou kasbah, the largest Kasbah in Morocco. After touring this UNESCO World Heritage site, our journey will continue through the majestic Tizi n'Tichka pass, reaching an altitude of 2260m, over the High Atlas Mountains. We will stop to enjoy the impressive views and visit the argan oil cooperative. We will arrive in Marrakech late afternoon. Drop off at your Marrakech riad/hotel around 17:30/18:00 pm approx, where the tour ends.
- Private tour & Transportation with A/C and seat-belt.
- Pick you up from Tangier & drop you off at your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Berber tent accommodation in the desert with enough blankets. No need to bring your sleeping bag.
- Experienced driver/guide English speaking.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
- A room where you will leave your luggage while you ride the camel to the camp.
- It is possible to take a backpack with you on the camel.
- Sand boards ( available in the camp without charge).
- Camel warden.
- Camel ride
- If you are not interested to ride the camels for 1 hour. It is possible to ride the camel for a short time and take the 4x4 to the camp.
Not Included :
- Noon meal. (Possibility of picnic or restaurants).
- Drinks at the meals.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Dinners during the trip.
- Entry fees to Monuments / Museums / Kasbahs
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Note that due to the long distances, approximately 8 hours will be spent driving each day.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Tangier port.
- Departure time : 08am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 5 days
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.