Day 01 : Fez to Chechaouen via Ouazzan
After the breakfast in your Riad or Hotel at 08:00 am, you will start your day trip toward Chefchaouen which is a Morocco popular tourist attraction and the welcoming town nestled in the Rif Mountains just south of the Mediterranean coastline in northwest Morocco. Chefchaouen is known as a "blue city" for its traditional buildings. Enjoy a walk to explore the white and blue washed walls of the medina and the markets that offer some unique native handicrafts. Chefchaouen is a fantastic destination for photography with its wonderful views of the Rif Mountains, night in a hotel.
Day 02 : Chefchaouen to Fez via Volubilis and Meknes
After your breakfast in the riad our authentic journey will start towards Volubilis crossing the Rif mountains via Wazan and other Rif villages, in Volubilis we will discover the Roman ruins and learn about the archeological site of Moroccan history, after the visit of the ruins we will shift our way to Meknes city the 17th century heritage where we will stop for lunch and hang around the historical huge walls of the medina, bab el Mansour and enjoy a visit of Moulay Ismail s shrine .after the visit of Meknes, we will drive directly to Fes city where you will spend in a traditional riad.
Day 03 : Exploring Fes
After breakfast, you will start exploring the oldest city in Morocco, walking in its alleys and small streets. Our visit starts by visiting the Royal Palace gate, the Jewish quarter, the first Mellah ever built in Morocco, built during the 14th century. We will ensure that you visit all sites with cultural and historical interest including the famous Al Karaouine University, considered the oldest one in the world, the Tanneries, and Moulay Idriss mausoleum. After lunch in a traditional Moroccan restaurant, you will visit the tiles cooperative and then experience a wonderful panoramic view over the whole Medina of Fes. Overnight in the riad.
Day 04 : Fes – Ilfrane – Azrou – Midelt – Merzouga
After the breakfast, you will travel through the middle Atlas via Ifrane “Moroccan Switzerland” and Azrou. You will have a stop at the cedar forest for a visit to Cedre Gouraud Tree where you will see Barbary apes. From here we drive further south passing by several towns and you will get the opportunity to view nomads living in tents alongside the way. You will also see the volcanic rocks. Our next stop is in Midelt where you will enjoy your lunch. Later on, continuing our drive by crossing the Tizi N’Talghomt Pass (1907 m) while enjoying the panoramic views. You will also cross Ziz Gorge and the tunnel. Near Errachidia, you will see the Barrage Hassan Al-Dakhil which has turquoise blue water. Continue our drive to Erfoud, you will have a stop for a panoramic view of Aoufous Palme trees along Ziz River. Your journey continues to Merzouga via Erfoud through the oasis of Tafilalet, the largest date palm grove in Morocco. Get to Merzouga in the afternoon and check in to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 05 : Merzouga area and the Camel Trek
After breakfast in the hotel, you will start an explorative journey of the area; you will visit the nomads in their goat-hair tent and learn about the desert life, afterward you visit the Gnaoua people, originally slaves brought from Sudan, here you will have the opportunity to listen to their music and learn about their culture and lifestyle. Depending on what time of year you visit, you may have a visit to the lake of Merzouga and its bird population such as the “Flamingos”. On the afternoon, we will drive you to the desert camp, to explore within the mysterious sand-sea of the Erg-Chebbi. You will enjoy the beauty of the Sahara desert and the sunset over the golden dunes. After the sunset, you will enjoy your dinner in front of the camp where you will spend your first night under, or if you prefer, under the stars. Our camp is equipped with western bathrooms.
Day 06 : Merzouga – Rissani – Erfoud – Tinghir – Todra Gorges – Dades Gorges
Wake up early morning to enjoy the sunrise on the top of the dunes in the Sahara desert, then have your breakfast. After these beautiful moments, you will ride your camel back to the hotel where you can shower. We depart towards Tinghir passing by Erfoud and Tinejdad. Have a break for lunch. In the afternoon, we will continue to Todra gorges via Tinghir. Stopping along the way for photos and admiring the views. Arrival to Todra Gorges to enjoy its marvelous Canyons views while hiking on foot, and finally, arrive in the Dades Valley where we will have dinner and spend the night in the hotel.
Day 07 : Dades Gorges – Ouarzazate – Ait Ben Haddou – High Atlas Mountains – Marrakech
After breakfast, we’ll drive through the Dades Valley towards Kelaat Mgouna and Ouarzazate. The route through the Dades Valley, the way of the thousand Kasbahs, provides numerous photo opportunities. We’ll visit the Roses valley and Skoura village, then continue to Ouarzazat, “the Hollywood of Africa”. Lunch is at the famous Ait Ben Haddou kasbah, the largest Kasbah in Morocco. After touring this UNESCO World Heritage site, our journey will continue through the majestic Tizi n'Tichka pass, reaching an altitude of 2260m, over the High Atlas Mountains. We will stop to enjoy the impressive views and visit the argan oil cooperative. We will arrive in Marrakech late afternoon. Drop off at your Marrakech riad/hotel around 17:30/18:00 pm approx, where the tour ends.
- Private tour & Transportation with A/C and seat-belt.
- Pick you up from your accommodation in Fes & drop you off at your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Berber tent accommodation in the desert with enough blankets. No need to bring your sleeping bag.
- Experienced driver/guide English speaking.
- A local guide to explore Fes.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
- Dinners and breakfasts (Vegetarians are welcome).
- A room where you will leave your luggage while you ride the camel to the camp.
- It is possible to take a backpack with you on the camel.
- Sand boards ( available in the camp without charge).
- Camel warden.
- Camel ride
- If you are not interested to ride the camels for 1 hour. It is possible to ride the camel for a short time and take the 4x4 to the camp.
Not Included :
- Noon meal. (Possibility of picnic or restaurants).
- Drinks at a meal.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Entry fees to Monuments / Museums / Kasbahs
- Anything not mentioned in the program
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Note that due to the long distances, approximately 8 hours will be spent driving each day.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Fes.
- Departure time : 08am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 7 days.
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.